Saturday, December 19, 2009

vivi gets a job

ha HA!

What can I tell you, I'm gainfully employed now! I can't tell you much else, though. Here's what I'm willing to share:

-It's in the service industry. The hours are not ideal and I'll be working weekends a lot but I don't have to wear a uniform, so that's a plus.

-I mentioned that I preferred mornings to evenings in my interview and all this week I'm scheduled for morning hours. Getting up three hours before the butt crack of dawn this morning was hard, but being home and done with work for the day at 1pm was quite nice. Don't know if it will always be like that, however.

-The work is not difficult, the time flew by this morning, looks like I'll be speaking English a lot.

-The schedule will vary every week, but it is generally planned out a month in advance, except for the next two weeks (and especially with new personnel).

-By some freak of nature and scheduling, I actually have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off. I'll most certainly have to work New Year's Eve but as long as I can be with Fry Christmas morning I seriously don't care. I think last year Stéphane and I were already in bed by midnight last year anyway (though Fry was only 8 weeks old at the time, can you blame us?). In any case I'll be home by midnight, which is the most important part anyway.

Speaking of Fry, we're obviously going to have to come up with some day care solutions. Since there isn't a real day care in Tiny Town, and we only have one car (so Stéphane can't take/drop off Fry outside of Tiny Town), our next solution is an assistante maternelle, or a nanny. The town hall keeps a list of nannies and it will be up to us to call and find one that is willing to take him. So Stéphane will be doing that first thing Monday.

So, that's me working. How about that?

9 comments:

Katia said...

YAYAYAYAYAYA! *massive hugs*

Unknown said...

Congratulations :) I started reading your blog a few years ago, and totally don't delurk enough, but I wanted to say congratulations. I remember how frustrating job hunting had been on you.

Antipodeesse said...

Very Very Please for you Honey!
xxx

PutYourFlareOn said...

So so so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!

:)

Pat said...

So happy for you!! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Karla said...

Yeay! Here's to being an employed expat!

admin facemien.com said...

happy new year 2010