First up is a music meme from My Favorite Texan, Tracy at durteemartini. I am instructed to list my six favorite songs. Now, there is no way I can pick my six favorite songs Of All Time, as they change so frequently. What I can do, however, is list six songs I am digging on right now:
1. "What'd I Say," Ray Charles
Thank you, Dad, for teaching me what real music is.
2. "Daylight," Alison Krause & Union Station
I love love love Bluegrass music, and in my humble opinion, Alison Krause & Union Station are working wonders to keep it moving forward. This song simply soars.
3. "Birdhouse in Your Soul," They Might Be Giants
Bouncy bouncy happy happy music.
4. "Warning," Incubus
Number one song for inspiring me to get up off my butt and make stuff happen. "Don't ever let life pass you by." Please listen to this song and then go take over your world!
5. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies
Must be heard to be believed. Please go find and pogo furiously.
6. "Jealous of Your Cigarette," Hawksley Workman
I'm not as up on current music as I was before I moved here, but now I have my
Bon, voila, quoi. Now it's taggin' time! Here's who I'm callin' out for this one:
Epiphany, because she is mah home skillet, and she probably has more music in her Media Player than anyone else I know.
Kim, because I know she knows her tunes as well, and maybe can help with my lack of cool tunes.
Last, but certainly not least, the super fabulous Lee, who can perhaps enlighten me as to what the super fabulous are listening to these days.
Moving swiftly forward to part two, which comes from the lovely Kinga at Kinuk in Poland, who wants to know five of my personal idiosyncrasies:
1. I need to eat something for breakfast. I've always been amazed at people who can skip this meal, because if I don't eat something in the morning, I will not only feel nauseous by 10:00, I turn into psycho-snappy woman. I don't require a huge American breakfast, just a bowl of cereal and maybe a cup of coffee or juice, but I must put something in the tummy.
2. I can only read one book at a time. Granted, I'll read that book pretty quick, but once I'm immersed in a good book, I want that story and only that story floating around my head.
3. I must fold the laundry as soon as the dryer is finished. I hate ironing. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid it, even if it means putting off going out until everything is folded. If I'm doing laundry, I'm home for the day, and that's all.
4. I can't go to sleep until I've made one last trip to the bathroom. This was most apparent when camping, as I made Steph escort me up the big scary pitch-black hill to find the bathroom facilities every night.
5. No matter how hot it is, I have to have some kind of cover when I go to sleep, even if it's just a sheet. Also, no matter how cold it is, I can't wear socks to bed, because you know at some point your body temperature will adjust and you'll just end up waking up at 3:00 in the morning to rip them off. Or maybe it's just me.
I'm going to pass the torch on to the following people:
My good friend Doc, who just made her blog, 10 rue de la charme, public.
The lovely and always effervescent ms.mac.
The very clever Peter at dot.bench, who may welcome a distraction from the 2500 emails waiting for him upon his return from vacation.