Tuesday, September 12, 2006

weekend of action!


bowling in paris
Originally uploaded by vivi en france.
This weekend was so action packed that I'm actually still recovering! It was chock full of laughter thanks to two special friends. It included lunch at our favorite Chinese place, two ridiculously fun frames of bowling in a small alley before the Saturday afternoon rush, gazing at dragons at the Museum of Natural History, a brief visit with the newly arrived Miss Bliss, and a Sunday in the country hunting for mushrooms and enjoying the hilarious stories and delicious cuisine of our gracious Antipodean hostess.

The only dark spot in this whole crazy weekend was racing back to Paris to catch my train home, which I missed, thanks to everyone in Paris also returning from a gorgeous weekend in the countryside. Even that bad spot was quickly glossed over when I was informed that I could simply take the next train, which was boarding half an hour after I arrived. I got home a bit later than expected but it all turned out alright in the end.

But all that partying certainly does come with a price: after going to bed last night at the ridiculously early hour of 9:00 and sleeping through the night, I'm still exhausted! But I suppose that's par for the course, since I don' t get to visit my homies in the City of Light very often, and we try to cram as much as possible in only two days. It was worth every moment! Thanks to everyone for making my visit a success!

There are plenty of photos from this weekend on my flickr feed; just click the photo to see them!

No comments: