Monday, July 23, 2007

what might have been

I was flipping around Craigslist this morning and saw an ad looking for a "chubby" Anglophone actress in her 30's for a short film shoot in Paris. Too bad my most recent headshots were done in 1996. I might have thrown my hat in the ring.

It's going to be a quiet week here in the country, gearing up for our vacation at the end of the week, which I'm very excited about. My in-laws rent a gite, or furnished apartment in a country setting, every year in the département of Pas-de-Calais, where they grew up. We'll go spend a few quiet days with them, visiting family, walking on the beach and Stéph will probably get some fishing in with his Dad while we wimmins go shopping. Then we're going to work our way down to Puy du Fou, a huge French theme park with a ginormous night show. Then we'll work our way home, probably stopping to look at a castle or two. There will be loads of photos taken, tons of yummy food eaten and plenty of miles walked to work off the yummy food. I cannot wait.

In between working and knitting up gifties, I want to give our apartment a thorough going-over, either this week or the week after we get back. You know, those backbreaking cleaning sessions were you get behind the stove and the washing machine. We haven't done it since we moved here and frankly, I don't know what we'll find. But I definitely want to take advantage of having Stéph here to do the heavy moving before he heads back to work in the beginning of September.

Good gracious, it's the end of July, which means summer is nearly half over. Where does the time go? Have y'all finalized your summer plans? Where are you going? What are you doing?

No comments: