Friday, September 02, 2005

one year in the blogosphere!

Yes, it was a year ago today that I staked my claim in the blogosphere. Inspired by a friend of the family, Anna, who was living in Germany (she has since repatriated and is getting ready to get married!), I started this blog as a way to keep my family updated on my life, and it has turned into so much more.

Over the last year, I have used this place to vent, to record my victories and frustrations, and maybe to crack a joke now and then. In the process, I've made some really treasured friends, both ex-pats like me and dreamers from around the world, and I owe you all a debt of gratitude I could never repay. You all made this first difficult year a little bit easier, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Eh, what's that? You want to give me a gift? Oh, well that's very nice, thank you. ;) Actually, what I'd really like is some comments! This is a Very Special Request, going out to everyone that stops by. I know there are quite a few people that stop by every once in a while (I do read my stats, because we all need an ego boost now and then), and I would like to ask everyone just to say a quick hello in the comments box below. Just click on the little thingie there, at the end of the post... "## Dispatches"... and that's the best gift I could receive on my bloggiversary. Thanks internets!

PS I have a job interview on Monday.

No comments: