Monday, February 12, 2007

what the hell?

Because the clothes dryer being broken wasn't enough, now the iron's shorting out the electricity.

I mean, honestly!

So I'm packing and cleaning and cooking and baking and candlestick-making and running out to the grocery a little later... it's all chaos around here, really. We'll be getting up before the butt-crack of dawn so I can catch the 7:14 train which is a half hour's drive away and then it's around twenty-four hours of traveling fun! (woo.) Please, everyone, think positive thoughts that I won't be grounded in Philadelphia (though I've just peeked at weather.com and it seems they're not expecting snow until very late tomorrow). Posting will be extremely light over the next three weeks or so, because I'll be staying with my darling Grandma, who has a computer and (vaguely) knows how to use it, but it is on dial-up (bless her heart), but I'll do what I can.

I would also like to say that I dearly hope that this will be my last extended trip away from Steph for a very long time, if not forever. The long distance thing absolutely sucks and I hate it. I mean, that is why we got married in the first place.

Right, now I've got to go figure out what to do with all these t-shirts which, thanks to the enormous amount of calcium in French water, now closely resemble wrinkled cardboard. Have fun and be nice to each other while I'm gone!

No comments: