Sunday, April 19, 2009

in which everyone gets sick

except me. It's hell being the Mommy, innit?

Anyway. Stéph started his spring break yesterday with a fantastic head cold. He's steadily working his way through a box of Actifed Jour & Nuit. Fry is currently suffering from the gastro. I thought he'd had it before, but no. Three glorious messes greeted me on the changing table before noon today. He's only had a very low fever in the afternoon of the last couple of days but the increase in glorious messes today has got me a little worried. We're monitoring the situation and just trying to keep him hydrated.

So, two weeks of spring break and not starting off on a good foot! I'm hoping Fry is better before Thursday, because we are scheduled to go off on some adventures, just the two of us! In preparation of our adventures, I bought a very lightweight stroller yesterday. Obviously we already had a stroller, and I love that thing. It is one of the items that Doc unloaded on us graciously handed down to us and that thing is the Road Warrior of strollers. I can take that bad boy anywhere. Except, perhaps, many shopping districts or mass transportation. Hence the need for lighter fare.

Once again we were saved by the fact that we live so close to the biggest outlet shopping mecca in northern France. I got my hands on a stroller that weighs less than ten pounds, has its own carrying handle and even comes with its own backpack. After a little practice today, I don't think I'll have any problems opening it and closing it with one hand. Best of all, I got it for about 30€ less than retail. Woo!

So, the Road Warrior will still get plenty of use since Fry and I take so many walks around Tiny Town. Still, the lightweight one is going to make going on adventures - especially when we go to the States this summer! - so much easier!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Light-weight strollers rock when you're travelling. We had a hefty, cool-looking Quinny and it worked a treat in the snow, but travelling with it was a pain. Thankfully, the in-laws bought us a Maclaren somethingorother, which weighs less than 5 kg and is fabulous. We use it pretty much all the time, now that A is bigger.

Any photos of your exciting find?

I hope both Fry and Steph get well soon! Glorious nappy presents are no fun...

Vivi said...

I haven't taken a picture yet, but I will! Especially with the two of them together, it's quite a change. It's only 3.9 kilos! The big one takes up our whole trunk! lol

Doc said...

I warned you...