Friday, February 25, 2005

book of questions: #35

Play along with Gary at matching tracksuits.

Would you give up half of what you own now for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you?

This is the kind of question that begs for clarification.

Click "Tell me more" to continue!

1. Since I had to go through all my things last year as I was preparing to move to France, most of what I own now is sentimental. Photo albums, baby stuff that my mom gave to me, books I love, etc. I'm sure there are things I could part with, but for the sake of argument, am I allowed to choose what I can get rid of? If yes, then I'll take the pill; if no, I won't.

2. As much as I could get done with 23 hours a day to work with, there is something to be said for occassionally lounging around in bed. And then there's the All Mighty Cuddle, and all that that entails. These are not things I am willing to give up. So I wonder if I'm allowed to choose when I want to take the pill, or if taking the pill means I am banished from the bed?

To tell you the truth, while it sounds enticing, and at the beginning I was inclined to say, "Yes, when can I start?", I think I'm going to have to say no to this one. Maybe I don't want to mess around with the natural order of things. Or maybe it's because at this point in my life, I'm not pulling my hair out over the lack of time during the day. Maybe in five years I'll be rethinking my decision, but for where I am right now, I'm good. Therefore, I pass. Anyone want my pill?

No comments: