Monday, February 14, 2005

cupid has terrible aim

Cupid came by last night, but I really think he could use a little target practice. At 3:30 this morning, I woke up with my stomach on fire.

I got up and rummaged around for something to take to alleviate the pain. We have some tea called "Nuit Tranquille," and though it didn't have the ingredients on the packet (I throw away the box and keep the packets in a tin), it smelled of peppermint, and I thought that would help.

Over the next two hours, I drank two cups of tea and read half a book. Around 6:15 I thought I'd take a stab at trying to sleep again, and I finally got up around 10ish. The stomach was still a little sore, but much better. Steph said he had a little stomach-ache yesterday afternoon too - I swear, the man never complains about anything! I guess if he can perform oral surgery on himself, a little tummy ache isn't going to be cause for complaint. I'm guessing it's something we ate for lunch at the in-laws, if we were similarly affected.

This is the second or third time this has happened since I've moved here. I'm guessing this is heartburn? The burning sensation just under your breastbone? It felt like lava bubbling in there. What does one take for heartburn in France, when Pepto just isn't available?

It's feeling much better now. I made a very mild salad with chicken and feta for lunch, and so far, so good. Only, I hope Cupid doesn't come around for seconds after we go out for dinner tonight!

No comments: