Monday, February 07, 2005

funny how time slips away

I totally get it now.

For as long as I've known him, Steph has been addicted to a MMORPG called Dark Age of Camelot. It has always amazed me that he can sit in front of his computer and play literally all day, barely pausing to eat or take a "bio break," as they say.

My sister, who has been playing EverCrack EverQuest for many years, started playing City of Heroes on the side, and I thought it seemed like an interesting game, so I bought a copy to take with me so we could play together.

Usually I'll play for a couple of hours and, for various reasons, stop and do something else. But yesterday I got sucked in. I sat down to play after lunch and the next time I looked up it was SEVEN P.M. Well, I'm sure I did some moving around and took some "bio breaks," but I had no idea that so much time had passed.

So, yeah, I get it now. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a team to help me with me level 18 Cave of Transcendance mission.

Meanwhile, in other news...

Click "Tell me more!" to continue


I have an appointment to go to the doctor this afternoon. As Steph and I are not ready to create a "tadpole," as Petite might say, and I've run out of my American stash, I need some more munitions to fortify the defenses, as it were.

Steph wanted me to see the doctor alone, but I had to put my foot down. Normally I'll screw up my courage and try to muddle on alone, but this is too important to me. I want to be very sure I understand what the doctor says and I really want to be sure he understands me. This is one of those instances when I think, "Why does this have to be so damn difficult?"

Well, if nothing else, it's good blog fodder, eh?

No comments: