Tuesday, May 10, 2005

a pleasant evening

We had a really great visit last night with Seb and Mylene, who are old friends of Steph's. They live in Grenoble, and were in town to celebrate Mylene's father's birthday and the marriage of her cousin.

They arrived a little eariler than expected and Steph hadn't returned from work yet, but they were very kind and graciously listened to me prattle on in my terrible French about my mother and other things. After Steph got home, we settled in to a lovely evening of conversation and fajitas, followed by apple pie.

Even though this was the first time we met, I felt like I knew them already, as we've been communicating a little for ages, whether it be chatting online or when we all played Dark Age together (they've since moved on to World of Warcraft). They were just as nice and funny as I expected them to be, and I was so happy to finally meet them in person, and I'm really looking forward to spending time with them again.

No comments: