Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Oh dear, I've done it again, haven't I? I get distracted by other things and forget about blogging. Well, to be honest, you haven't missed much.

Yesterday we made a suicide run to Troyes around lunchtime in order to dash through a couple of shops. My father-in-law's birthday is coming up so we had to go grab his gift, plus run into a bookshop for Stéph, plus dive into the grande surface mega-store for one thing I needed. Normally, making this sort of shopping run the day before a major holiday is madness but we were super lucky and were headed back home in under an hour. Then I spent about two hours all afternoon slaving over my Famous Apple Pie, which will be shared among family today.

This past week also marked Stéph's introduction to Peeps. The hilarious part is that I called from the other room, "Hey, do you want a peep?"** and then realized what I'd said and burst out laughing. Yep, we definitely bring the class around here at DfF. Oh, but I should also say that he liked the peeps just fine (the marshmallow ones, thankyouverymuch).

This morning we woke up to a fine dusting of snow on cars and rooftops, but with clear blue skies and sunshine. Since we were supposed to have nothing but clouds and the threat of snow all day, I have no idea what to expect for the rest of the day. In any case, we'll be spending most of the day in Troyes with family, stuffing ourselves silly. Here's hoping the Easter Bunny brings you something special this year!

**"peep" sounds like "pipe" in French - which is slang for fellatio!

No comments: