Friday, June 10, 2005

a post a la ms. mac

I don't think most of these items really warrant their own posts, so I'm just gonna ramble for minute, m'kay?

  • I don't think I've mentioned it, but I took the opportunity to get my hair cut when I was home. It looks and feels so much better, I can't even tell you (especially after it has grown a couple of weeks). And it's curly again! Hurrah!
  • I can't take a picture of it to show you because before I left I accidently dropped the camera and it broke. Ahem. Moving swiftly along...
  • I could not have ordered better weather than what we've had this week. Sunny blue skies, highs in the low 60's, hot in the sun and cool in the shadows and inside the apartment. I keep making excuses to go run errands.
  • Last night was my first choir rehearsal since I got back. We're doing Charpentier's Easter Mass again, with all three movements this time. I was singing the alto solo in the first movement before I left, and someone else was singing it while I was gone. She graciously gave me to solo back, which was so nice and she completely didn't even have to (yes, once you're absent for a significant period of time, nine times out of ten someone else will take over your solo, and it's usually up to the director or new soloist to reliquish it when you return - you should never ask for it back. It's all cool, I've been doing this for a while and I know how it works.) and in the end the director asked us to sing it together anyway. The other piece we are doing is "The Funeral for Queen Mary." In English. That one's gonna be hard. The concert is next weekend and I'll be ready to get that piece over with.
  • I never really noticed it before, but my sister-in-law Isabelle talks with her hands. A lot. As she drove me home from rehearsal last night, she kept waving her hands around. Did I mention she was driving? So she's trying to navigate this one way road with cars on both sides and waving her hands around and barely touching the wheel to straighten out. She was telling me about the project she's doing at work but I was concentrating more on her hands. I thought I was animated, but she's the queen, I'm tellin' ya!
I think I'm gonna go tackle the carry on suitcase in the living room. More news as it happens.....

No comments: