Wednesday, June 29, 2005

a small reprieve

It's slightly cooler today, after a night filled with thunderstorms, but you wouldn't know it in our apartment, since we just cooked a hot meal. Very hot stove + very small apartment = hot hot hot! In our defense, we had some food in the fridge that we needed to cook before it went bad, and I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of cold potatoes.

Tomorrow is Steph's last day at work for the school year. He'll be cleaning out his classroom since he'll be starting at a new school in the fall. After that, we've got some interesting plans coming up for the summer, including a camping trip (my first time in a tent), a trip to the town up north where my in-laws are from, and the slight possibility of a trip down to southern France in August. In the middle of all this, I'll be slowly putting my toes in the job pool, to see what's out there.

Today we're gonna pick up some new headphones so I can talk on Skype again, and check out some cameras. The difficult thing with the camera purchase is that we've got a couple of memory cards, and it would be extremely helpful if we could find a camera that is compatible. I've contacted the manufacturer of the cards for help, but I'm not super confident I'll hear anything back from them.

Well, that's my story. What do you have planned for the summer?

No comments: