Monday, February 13, 2006

7evens

I'm very quiet these days because I'm working on a little project. It's something I'm not quite ready to make public yet, at least not in this post. I've got a lot of research to do over the next few weeks but I may be able to say a bit more in the next couple of days. This little project is occupying all of my waking thoughts so I'm sorry to say that I've been neglecting everything else, including blogging and even more important things, like making sure there are actually groceries in the fridge.

Luckily, the glorious Kinga has tagged me, which will serve to take my mind off my project for at least ten minutes. Thanks Kinga!

Vivi's Top Sevens


7 things to do before I die
1. Have a child (or two) and raise them to be nice human beings (completely stolen from Kinga but I couldn't have said it better if I tried)
2. Become completely fluent in French
3. Visit the village that my paternal great-grandfather emigrated from in Italy
4. Visit the town that my maternal great-grandfather emigrated from in Poland
5. Try to ski
6. Go on a cruise
7. Get this project off the ground (whoops)

7 things I can't do
1. Be patient
2. Hang out with people who are intolerant/hypocrites/general assholes
3. Talk to my mother for five more minutes
4. Leave the house when I'm doing laundry because I insist on folding the clothes RIGHT out of the dryer (I refuse to iron them)
5. stop craving the cheese dip from Corona's restaurant
6. figure out what my MIL puts in her grated carrots that makes it taste so good
7. believe how lucky I am

7 things that attract me to Europe
1. My husband
2. The history
3. The architecture
4. Quality of Life
5. Such diversity of cultures in a (relatively) small area
6. Health Care (yeah, I said it)
7. Cheese

7 things I say
1. Dude! (I can't seem to let this one go!)
2. Oh my god!
3. "Je m'excuse, mais mon francais n'est pas tres bien" (Excuse me, but my French isn't very good)
4. Jesus Christ! (which actually sounds like JAYsus chrIIIST!!)
5. Oh la la! (this is new)
6. "y'all" scattered in sentences, when I'm not paying attention
7. Fucking fuckity fuck! (it's fun! try it!)

7 good books
1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
2. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
3. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
4. Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins
5. The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
7. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (actually I love the entire series and I can't wait to reclaim my books this summer and reread them!)

7 good films
1. The Usual Suspects
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Kill Bill (Vols 1 & 2)
4. The Matrix (all three movies)
5. The Nightmare Before Christmas
6. The Color Purple
7. Stargate

7 blogs to tag
Oh, no you don't. Everytime I tag someone, they yell at me. If you'd like to do this meme, please feel free to steal it, and let me know you've done it and I'll link you here.

Update:
First place link goes to Ms Lisa at The Bold Soul
2. Oh my!! Doc did a meme!

No comments: