Friday, February 03, 2006

well, the truth is...

OK, I'm going to put you out of your misery. You see, both Steph and I have decided to stop smoking! I hesitate to say that we've quit full stop. Here's the whole story:

Tuesday morning, Steph announced that we should stop smoking. I am not one for making earth shattering decisions at 7:00 in the morning, so I said, "OK, I agree not to buy any more cigarettes, but I'm going to finish the ones I have!" So I did.

Wednesday and Thursday, we didn't smoke at all. This is huge, people! I can't remember the last time I went two whole days without a cigarette.

Then Steph went back to work today and discovered that he still had a few ciggies there, stashed in his office. He smoked a couple and then brought a couple home to me. Well, I just couldn't help myself and I smoked them. I can honestly say that they left me feeling quite ill, and I'm not in a hurry for a repeat performance! I think I'm on the way!

So have we quit? Well, we're working on it. I'm firm on not buying any more, in any case. Of course, I haven't had to get through the really difficult smoking stumbling blocks of being around other people smoking or going to a bar or having a drink without a smoke, but I'm feeling determined now. I'll have to start again tomorrow with counting the days, but I'm hoping a couple of weeks from now I'll be able to say that I haven't had any at all!

No comments: