Friday, January 11, 2008

my stupid foot

Why is it that when I get one thing sorted out, something else has to go all wonky, and why does this always have to happen to something in my body? For about a week now, my right foot has been giving me problems, and believe me, with my pantheon of former foot problems, this is a new one on me.

Basically, if I stand on it for more that five minutes or try to walk more than ten paces, I start getting stabbing pains in the outside of my foot. If I don't have any pressure on it (ie sitting down) it doesn't hurt at all. This means that something as simple as whipping a meal together has me howling by the time I sit down. It's gotten so bad that I've been limping around the house trying not to stay on my feet too long but it isn't lessening up. Going to the grocery yesterday was an adventure, let me tell you.

The only thing I can think of that is causing this is a)I started wearing my old clogs again that I haven't worn in ages, but the pain is coming whether I'm wearing shoes or slippers or socks; or b) all that walking I did last Wednesday in Troyes, but I felt totally fine all day and I didn't notice the pain until two days after. I don't remember tripping or twisting my ankle or anything.

So I'm pretty well annoyed because this is stopping me from taking my afternoon walks (when the weather is nice, which is rare but still!) and some other stuff I'd like to do, like go back to Troyes with my camera and take some photos of some things that tickled my fancy last week. I'm hoping it will sort itself out but I guess if it's the same next week I'll have to go to the doctor... again. I swear we should have a discount.

In other news, I found out that yesterday was dulurking day (thank you to Jaynee for delurking to say hello and also giving me a heads up!). Of course I'm a day late and a dollar short, as usual, but if you'd like to drop a line and say hello in Ye Olde Comments Boxe, I promise to return the favor!

No comments: