Sunday, June 19, 2005

my two dads

Today the French and American holiday calendars collided, making Father's Day in both countries today.

Unfortunately I celebrated the American Father's Day by sending Dad's package too late so he didn't receive it on time. Heh. Anyway Dad, it was great chatting with you on the phone today, and I love you so so so so much, and wouldn't trade you for a warehouse full of shoes (considering he likes to call me "Imelda," he knows this is high praise indeed!).

For the French Father's Day, we invited the in-laws over for lunch, which was very nice. Unfortunately, it was unbelieveably, freakishly hot - around 90F outside and around 75F inside, which sounds nice, but was stifling. (My father, the comedian, asked me on the phone, "So why didn't you turn on the air conditioning?" Hardee har har, Pop!) There's nothing like stepping outside at 10am and breaking into a sweat, lemme tell ya! Thought I was back in Florida for a minute.

But I digress.

Bonne fete, mon beau pere!

And a bonne fete and Happy Father's Day to all, and to all a good night. ;)

PS I have a very funny story to tell you about Saturday night, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for that! Stay tuned...

No comments: