Monday, May 08, 2006

another holiday

Yep, May is chock full o' holidays, and today we're celebrating VE Day. This means another day off for Steph and another day of laziness for me (I swear, when he's home, I don't want to do anything but goof off. What is that about?). It's a bit rainy and cool here, but we may try to take a walk this afternoon if the skies clear up a little.

This weekend I spent quite a lot of time watching all three parts of The Godfather, which was on loan from Steph's sister (how she came to have a copy in English with no French titles is beyond me). I seem to remember my father watching it everytime it came on tv - after all, my maiden name does end in a vowel - but for whatever reason it never captured my attention enough to sit down and watch the whole thing until this weekend. In fact, that may be an understatement, because I watched both Parts 2 and 3 yesterday, and that's nearly six hours of movie! I remembered bits and pieces of it, but other parts were a complete shock. I can tell you (and for the benefit of those of you who have not yet seen it) I didn't remember it ending like that at all. I also seem to remember that Sofia Coppola got a lot of grief for her performance, but aside from the last scene where, in my opinion, she did indeed appear a bit wooden ("Oh Dad. Why are you doing this to me. *yawn* Why Dad."), she wasn't so terrible. Of course, if I'd seen the movie when it came out, when I was the personification of Drama Queen (both in college major and life) I may not have said that. I may be mellowing in my old age.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday, for those of you who get one, and have a bearable Monday, for those of you who don't.

No comments: