Thursday, July 20, 2006

the heat is on

Yesterday, it was 85 degrees farenheight. In my house.

I stayed downstairs most of the day, dazed from the heat, drinking as much ice water as I could. I even ended up sleeping down there, because it was so unbelieveably hot upstairs. And Steph sat right here, in the computer room, all day, with no adverse side effects of the heat. I think maybe his brain must be at least soft-boiled by now.

The worst part about this heat is that we have guests coming tomorrow and it's too hot to move, let alone clean the house. I'm nearly at my wits end.

The forecast called for thunderstorms last night through tomorrow, and when I woke up this morning, the sky was bright blue. I nearly burst into tears.

Don't know how much more of this insanity I can take...

No comments: