Thursday, November 08, 2007

a walk in the park

The fall break is over and Stéph is back to work. The last week was very quiet, loads of computer and knitting and quiet time, punctuated by a little stomach bug that Stéph caught and kindly passed to me (thanks honey!). I'm sorry I didn't post much, because if I had it would have looked something like this:

Today I knit for a few hours in front of the tv, and then I did a load of laundry, and then we watched some more tv before bed.

Woo! Party time! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, when the weather was still nice, I took my walk through town, which I try to do as often as I can to get out of the house a little if for no other reason, but this time I remembered my camera. I took quite a lot of photos, which can be seen on my flickr page, but here are a few highlights:

First I walk along this river that passes through our town:

walk in the park 2

Then I walk around the outside of the park and step inside on the opposite corner from where I started. In the park, I pass by my favorite trees, Wonky Tree and his little brother Bendy Tree:

walk in the park 8

At the end of the park is the chateau, which now serves as the Town Hall:

walk in the park 11

Once I leave the park, I pass by the church, which I've never been in, by the way, as its not open for visitors, only church goers:

walk in the park 12

And finally, here's a shot of the main drag of Tiny Town from my lane. You can just make out the church at the end of the street:

walk in the park 13

So, if you ever wondered, that gives you an idea of what Tiny Town looks like. To tell you the truth, I rather kind of like it.

No comments: