Saturday, May 10, 2008

the third month

Ok, even I'm getting sick of hearing about my pregnancy, so let me tell you about the last month and we'll move on to other things, mkay?

Week ten: Broke out the Supa-Fat jeans today. Bought these jeans in the States and by some fluke ended up with jeans a size bigger than what I needed even at my heaviest weight. Still ridiculously large but super comfortable. These should do me for a couple of months (I hope!)*. Stéph and I work out how to turn the office/guest room into French Fry’s room. (End of the week) I look like I’m six months pregnant. I don’t want to leave the house. Ever. /weep

Week eleven: Received first set of baby clothes from MIL. They are impossibly tiny. Morning sickness has shifted to morning/afternoon. Had a couple of nausea-free evenings but it’s really fluctuating right now.

Week twelve: Stéph asks if I want to go to Spain next month but wants to know if morning sickness will be a problem. Wait, lemme look in my crystal ball… Then we have the shower incident.** Weekend in Paris – my last?***

Week thirteen: Surprisingly a quiet week, considering I just wanted to get to Friday and my OB appointment, knowing I was going to come home and call my grandmothers with some good news.

*The Supa-Fat jeans still fit, and I still have to wear a belt when I go out of the house. Yay, Supa-Fat jeans!

**The Shower Incident: On the morning I went to the Préfecture to get my residence card, I thought I'd take a shower before eating breakfast so my hair could dry a little before I left. Big mistake. The shower itself was fine but as soon as I got out of the shower, I caught a whiff of something that French Fry didn't like, so it was dry heaves sans respiration for me. Good times. So yeah, breakfast mandatory first thing in the morning.

***When I got home from Paris, Stéph was all, "Okay, you've had your fun, it's time to stop these weekends in Paris for French Fry's sake." What on earth does he think we get up to, anyway? I'm trying to negotiate another weekend next month with my jailer husband, so we'll see. I'm very conscious of the fact that I have six more months to be selfish before it stops being all about me!

Next time: Something (anything!) unrelated to pregnancy.

No comments: