Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Stuff you should be reading

I've been wanting to do this post for ever now, but then I thought, "Oh, I should update my sidebars first" and who has time to do that? Ugh. But hey, I'm glad to do a post that has nothing to do about Fry (I'm turning into a Mommy blogger whether I want to or not) and tell you about some cool websites at the same time!

First up is Chick scientist, who will soon be Dr. Chick scientist. She's funny, she's cool, and she just happens to be my cousin. My second cousin, thankyouverymuch. (By the way, if you think that's impressive, Fry will hopefully meet a couple of his third cousins this summer!) Lili has just written a "25 things about me" sort of post so it's the perfect time to get to know her, and tell her Vivi sent ya!

The next one is Stuff Parisians Like. The title pretty much speaks for itself and I think it is HIGH-larious. Especially since I'm NOT a Parisian (though I know a lot of the Stuff mentioned happens to be true!)!

Finally, I don't know if you know how much I love history. Sometimes I seriously wish I'd majored in it in college. I also really love webcomics. Now, Kate Beaton has figured out that these two great tastes taste great together. I ate up all her archives in like an hour and I check her site everyday for updates. Plus, sometimes she draws on a subject I don't know much about so I google it, and then I learn something. Bonus!

Ok, so that's my linkies. I also want to tell you that I've just joined the A Day In Your Life group on flickr and I'm going to try to do that tomorrow. It should be quite a challenge since I won't be able to post pictures of our faces (because my husband would kill me). I'll try to update throughout the day, so keep an eye on that.

Right, that's it. Fry's going to get his first vaccinations Friday afternoon so I'll be sure to come back and tell you all about it (dang it, I couldn't resist!).

No comments: