Thursday, December 10, 2009

it's the most horrible time of the year

Man, things are getting me down! The weather has settled into its gray steel phase which will last until Spring (although we're having some very rare sunshine this morning, thankfully) which doesn't help. Fry and I keep exchanging colds. December means the end of term for Stéphane, so he's stressed and tired and working extra hours to get grading finished and seeing parents nearly every night so he's worn out by the time he gets home. I've been sending off resumes at a rate of about one a day, which wouldn't be so bad if I ever got any calls on them, but now it seems available jobs are tapering off and probably will continue to do so until the new year.

I finally managed to decorate for Christmas a little. Fry's stocking is up, so are some of my mom's handmade decorations, and I bought a small plastic tree because the downstairs is already dangerous enough for Fry, especially now that he's walking, we decided a real tree just isn't worth it this year. It's going to be another crafty Christmas for my in-laws but that's going slowly and it seems I can't get anything done.

I can't remember the last time I slept through the night. There are things swirling in the background that I don't write about here that are getting me down as well. I have some health stuff going on that will probably require medication, which does not make me happy at all.

Bah, humbug.

8 comments:

JChevais said...

Hugs

Ms Mac said...

Chin up, love. We all adore you and that counts for something, right?

Kinga said...

(((((Big hugs)))))

When does Steph finish for the holidays? I hope things will get easier for you once he's at home (maybe some naps to ofset the lack of sleep at night?).

Antipo Déesse said...

I adore you even more than Ms. Mac does, and that's saying something!!

(OMG, my word verification is 'REVERE')

Forest Green said...

Ha! Bumhug!

Vivi said...

Ok, that literally made me laugh out loud, thank you Forest!

Vivi said...

And thanks you guys. I love you too!

Kinga, Stéphane finishes next Friday, so one more complete week. So much better than years where his last day is even later than that!

SSP said...

hang in there - it is expensive marketing and media hype that makes us think we are supposed to be jolly and all that crap this time of year...you surely can't ignore it unless you live in a cave, which I tell ya, sounds pretty good lately, but let it wash over you...do what you can, and feel how you want...take care of YOU