Friday, June 18, 2010

Mommy & Fry's Excellent Adventure!

At last I'm sitting down to tell you about our trip last week! As I mentioned before, while Stéphane and his colleague were shepherding 50 students on a four day trip to the Vercors, Fry and I drove to the Village of the Damned, near Zurich, to visit Ms Mac.

The drive itself was fine, though it was a bit longer than anticipated with all the stops for Fry's benefit. He handled the long hours in the car much better than I expected, wardrobe malfunctions notwithstanding. When we arrived, I had the great pleasure to meet Ms Mac's handsome and clever sons and it was great to catch up with Mr Mac as well.

The next day we went to the top of Säntis mountain were we enjoyed the amazing views:

Fry enjoys the view

View from Säntis

View from Säntis

Of course I completely forgot Fry's jacket to go up a mountain where the yearly high is 8°C, so I was forced to purchase the most adorable polar fleece sweater ever, so no regrets.

The next day, we did a bit more sightseeing, the highlight of which was taking a boat from Rapperswil to Zurich on Lake Zurich. Absolutely gorgeous day, nice and cool on the water, and stimulating conversation!

Rapperswil from Lake Zurich

You can find the rest of the photos in my flickr set here.

Despite the fact that Fry was awake at the buttcrack of dawn (much to the delight of our gracious hosts, I'm sure) we had an amazing visit and can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I can't wait until you come back too!

Unknown said...

Oh wow - you were right near where I lived ages 0 to 5 and 13-15!! Beautiful pictures. So glad you had a nice time.

(I rarely comment, so sorry, but always love reading your blog. I discovered it back in 2007 i think? I changed my blog name a couple of times - it used to be City Girl Lifestyle).

Carry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.