Friday, March 03, 2006

carolina in my mind





I spent quite a bit of time yesterday afternoon listening to WNCW thanks to the miracle that is the internets, whilst plugging away at my larger-than-life cross stitch. Everytime the DJ broke to chat with a guest or talk about the weather I had a lump in my throat. I haven't felt like this for a long time. I don't want, but need to hear some Carolina accents in person. I want Carolina overload.

I'm homesick, and I wanna go home.

Yesterday, the Chief Accountant at Vivi Operations (the husband) gave me leave to start researching flight prices for Easter. As luck would have it, the prices are superlow through the end of March and jump back up at the beginning of April. We're gonna hang on another week to see what the prices do and will likely buy some tickets.

I'm really looking forward to a visit home that isn't focused around losing family members, like last year. As I mentioned before, this may be my last trip home for a good while, and I want it to be a good one. I'm gonna hang out with the Birches, go out for dinner with the Dinettes, chill with my family, who are coming from all over the East Coast to celebrate Easter.

I may even take advantage of the money conversion in our favor and indulge in some retail therapy.

Also, this will be my last chance to goof off, because I am on track start to looking for clients for my home-based business when I get back. The time of lounging around pretending to be a housewife will finally be over!

It's a little early to start packing though, isn't it?


P.S. I forgot to mention that WNCW plays a really eclectic mix of music, from alt country to indie music to classic bluegrass to jam tunes, and I highly recommend it, no matter where you are from!

No comments: