Thursday, March 23, 2006

haricots noirs a la maison


haricots noirs a la maison
Originally uploaded by vivienfrance.
So I finally made some black beans and rice for lunch today. You know, the very thing I've been obsessing about making for about two months or so now?

Man, what a disappointment. I don't know what I did wrong, but they came out super bitter. Well, not so bitter that we won't eat the leftovers, but not nearly the savory delight I had in Nancy a few weeks ago. I suspect that my bean-to-spice ratio was off, but I don't know since I'd never made them before. Anyone out there have a tried and true black bean recipe they could suggest?

On the other hand, the chicken, whose recipe I simply made up at the last moment because my dear husband insists that lunches and dinners include meat or he'll starve to death (*eye roll*) came out suprisingly well and will definitely be added to my ever-growing recipe book.

No comments: