Tuesday, April 04, 2006

stitching and gift ideas


Three Little Words Part 2
Originally uploaded by vivienfrance.
I finished up part 2 of my massive cross stitch project last night. I had a few stumbling blocks, like last time, but this time is different because I feel confident I corrected any mistakes as I went, so I believe this section is fault-free. Woo!

Meanwhile, I'm going to start gathering gifts to bring home this week (can't believe I leave in a week, it doesn't seem real!). I'm in a quandry as to what to bring for my great-aunt (who is at once both great and the younger sister of my grandmother) who will turn 80 years old when I'm there. I'd first thought to bring a bottle of Champagne, since that's where I live, and some chocolates that are made in this area, but it seems that she's not allowed to drink alcohol and the chocolates also have alcohol in them, so I'm a bit flummoxed now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Update: I just had the brilliant idea to call my Grandmother and ask her what she thought (duh!). Grandma saves the day: she suggests a small token from the Troyes tourist shop will suffice, and she thinks my aunt will appreciate the fact that I've brought something over from France. It turns out that she's on some kind of odd diet and can't consume chocolate (!!!) as well as alcohol. I say if you can't get to 80 and consume all the alcohol and chocolate you want, then what's the point? Anyway, thanks Grandma! Can't wait to see you next week!

No comments: