Wednesday, August 30, 2006

i'm too excited to sleep!

Well, after four days of frustration, we're finally being sensible and packing off the new computer to our trusty computer doctor in Troyes. The old computer has been reconnected, which is totally fine as there's nothing wrong with it; we've just happened to outgrow it.

Last night inspiration struck, and it struck hard. As you may know, I've been struggling to think of something that I can combine my love of crafting and, to be blunt, making a buck. I think I've finally got it, but it's going to take quite a bit of time to gather materials and learn a few new tricks to get this thing going. I will certainly reveal all when the time is right, but for now I can tell you that I'm researching how to make paper, the best tools for doing a coptic stitch, and as many different techniques of medieval embroidery as I can get my hands on. Last night I was so excited about this new project that I couldn't settle down to get to sleep, and even now, just writing about it has my heart racing and I can't wait to get started. I haven't been this excited about anything in a really long time!


PS: If you're wondering, the title of this post has special meaning for me and my homie Dana and anyone else who remembers a certain commerical for Walt Disney World.

No comments: