Thursday, August 07, 2008

the very, very long home stretch

Well, it seems that, despite my best efforts, this blog is veering dangerously towards mommy blog territory. Meh, what can I tell you, that's what's happening right now. I'll try not to make a habit of it.

So I think that calling the third trimester "the home stretch" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is starting to feel like this is getting on towards the end. According to the doctor, whom we saw yesterday morning for a checkup, I started the third trimester last week, which came as a surprise to me. But then, since the French tack on an extra week (and let me just say, thank you SO much for that!) and they count the weeks vs. months thing a little different than everything I've read in English, I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Happily, all is well in the pregnancy department - blood pressure is still cool, French Fry is happily gestating away, and the little wonkiness I experienced last week didn't raise any alarms for the doctor so we're business as usual. But then the secretary had to wig me out by giving me the paperwork I'll need for when we meet the anesthesiologist next month (doesn't that happen at the end of the pregnancy? oh crap!) and reminding us that we're getting down to the end. Yikes!

Yesterday we also celebrated our anniversary a week late by going out for lunch to our favorite crêperie and buying furniture, for which we still have to wait a couple of weeks because they were both on backorder, which disappointed me to no end as I can't wait to start moving things around and finding new homes for things. Of course after that we'll have to buy actual baby things. Gosh.

No comments: