Friday, January 27, 2006

Christmas in January


utensils
Originally uploaded by vivienfrance.
We finally received our Christmas gift from my sister today! I had asked for some American measuring spoons and we received lots more than that, including a very cool peeler which will get a workout this weekend. Thanks lil sis! (As always, you can click the photo to go to my flickr site.)

I went to the Friday market this morning for our bi-weekly rotisserie chicken, and was disappointed that one of the regular merchants wasn't there. I was hoping to pick up my very own authentic French shopping basket or woven bag, but I'll just have to hope he's there next time.

It was unbelieveably cold this morning. We've been watching the cold front coming in from the east with great interest this week. You may have heard that Russia and Poland have been especially hit. They even had snow in Greece! I thought for sure we'd get a nice bit of snow here, but it only snowed for about half an hour yesterday and not a snowflake since. But that doesn't mean the temperature hasn't fallen through the floor! Walking to the market this morning, I noticed that the cold wasn't simply a "make your nose tingle and bring color to your cheeks" kind of cold. Rather, it was a "smack you around and then point and laugh at you" cold. I only wish we had a fireplace here - that would be the perfect way to spend a freezing cold day like today.

On a technical note - I'd really like to add a flickr badge to my sidebar, but I don't know how to align it to the right of the page, like the rest of the stuff that is already there. (Yes, I've tried changing all the obvious "align=center" parts but that's not doing the trick). If anyone can help me out with this, please let me know, and I'll be glad to send you the code so you can see what I'm taking about. Thankee!

No comments: