Wednesday, January 25, 2006

la gastro 2: electric boogaloo

Yesterday started off just fine. I ran my morning errands, prepared a lunch of tomate farci, did some laundry, etc. Your typical housewifey day. Only, by the time Steph got home from work, I was curled up on the couch in the fetal position feeling like I had needles sticking into my stomach. Between the needles in the stomach and having the urgent need to run upstairs to the bathroom several times during the afternoon, I was exhausted. Steph was kind enough to make a trip to the pharmacy for me, and came back with minty magnesia, a box of Rennies and a confirmation from the pharmacist - sounds like la gastro is making a repeat performance.

The minty magnesia has helped with the needles in the stomach, but I'm still taking it easy with what I eat. I felt well enough to make a grocery run this morning and came back with some bouillon cubes for some rice. Looks like it'll be juice and rice for the rest of the day.

The frustrating thing is that even though I've had the stomach bug twice in one month, Steph hasn't been infected at all. The only thing we can figure is that his years of teaching have made him immune from viruses that go flying through the school, and he thoughtfully brings them home to me. It seems marrying a teacher is actually dangerous to your health.

No comments: