Wednesday, April 09, 2008

dun cut it all off

After two months of using my fancy "We Can't Believe You Still Have Hair" shampoo and conditioner, I finally came to the realization that the only thing that would bring it back to life was to cut if all off. This morning I went back to Tchip in Troyes and did just that.

This time, my visit was much faster than last time. There were only three or four other clients there and I saw my stylist almost immediately (as opposed to the hour I had to wait last time). Again, the upselling was pretty harsh - when I told her what I'd been using, which I bought there, she actually said, "Oh no, she told you to use the wrong thing, you really need to be using this [presents products which total 50€]." Yeeeeah. I'm not even half way through the products I bought last time, so I'll just continue using that. After all, I have seen a little bit of improvement, however small. I did opt for the fancy shampoo treatment which brought my grand total for a shampoo/cut to 25€, still a bargain in France no matter how you look at it.

As for the cut, I couldn't be happier. It's probably the best cut I've had in this country since I moved here. She knew without me telling her that if she cut it too short it was draw up - a first!! - and it ended up being the exact length I wanted. Plus it will look good if I let it air-dry curly or blow it out. Very, very pleased, I am! A good coiffure experience for so cheap? I must have won the hair lottery!

No comments: