Monday, May 09, 2005

distraction

I got word this morning that Mom was moved out of intensive care last night, which is excellent news. Except for a slight case of pneumonia, which my nursing cousin says is normal after having to use a breathing tube, she seems to be recovering fine. Maybe this time they will actually keep her in the hospital long enough for her body to stabilize with its new condition before they send her home.

In the meantime, I've got a busy day ahead of me, as we've got guests from out of town coming over for dinner tonight. I've got an apartment to clean, errands to run, a pie to bake, and a dinner to prepare. And I've only got nine hours before they get here! Aaaugh!

Actually, keeping busy is the best distraction. Obviously thoughts of Mom are always running in the background, but not focusing only on that keeps me from melting into a puddle of goo every ten minutes. Falling asleep has been particularly difficult recently.

Right, off to scrub the bathtub. I know you're achingly jealous of my glorious French life right now. :wink:

No comments: