Tuesday, May 10, 2005

vivi grabs the bull by the horns

I slept in pretty late today, which I don't really like to do. I don't know if I'm still feeling the effects of gastroenteritis, or stress about Mom, but I'm finding it hard to get inspired to do just about anything. I've managed to turn on the dishwasher and put the bed sheets in the wash, and I'm pooped. I didn't even have the courage (I love this French phrase, it's so much nicer than "I couldn't be bothered") to walk across town for my French lesson today. I had to do something so today wouldn't be a total wash.

So I did it. I called ANPE to register with the employment office. All by myself without Steph holding my hand. I answered a few questions, and a package of papers will arrive in the next couple of days. I have an appointment at the office next Tuesday.

A part of me is telling me I'm not ready yet, I'm not comfortable with my level of French, I'm going to make a fool of myself, etc. The rest of me is tired of waiting for life to happen, hiding behind my husband, and is ready to jump in with both feet. For now I'm going to let the rest of me lead for a little while and see what happens.

No comments: