Monday, June 26, 2006

the "i don't have anything to say so here's a meme" meme

I've been feeling very unwell the last week or so, and besides that I don't really have much to say. Yay, the French made it into the next stage in the World Cup, though I'm going to miss the match because I have a concert tomorrow (boo!). So in lieu of a real post, I'm stealing Karla's meme. It's quite long so I'll put the first ten on the main page. Feel free to steal if you like.



1. How old do you wish you were? I don't mind being 33 really. There are times in my life I'd like to revisit for a day, maybe, but not forever.

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? In my office (back when I had my own office for like five minutes). Someone came inside from the bay (we installed police lights and scanners and such) and said that a plane had hit one the towers at the WTC. Thinking it was like a twin engine prop plane, I scoffed and said "Well, that was stupid." After we learned the details, we walked around in a daze all day. I'll never forget the conversation I had on the phone with my Mom, herself a Long Islander Who Moved South who was supposed to go to Queens two days later for a memorial for her uncle. She said, "Eh, they'll have it cleaned up by the end of the week." I don't know if she didn't realize the scope of the destruction (it was still early in the day) or was making a statement about the strength of New Yorkers.

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Give it a little hip action. If that doesn't work, I generally don't get too upset, unless I'm dying of thirst - water fountains seems to be few and far between here.

4. Do you consider yourself kind? Yeah. I need all the good karma I can get.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be? I would like to have a tattoo of a G clef (music symbol), but I don't know where I'd put it. Hence, I'm still tattoo free.

6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? Geez, still working on French...

7. Do you know your neighbors? Um... I could pick them out in a line up!

8. What do you consider a vacation? Not having to cook for a couple of days in a row. (The Lament of the Housewife) Don't get me wrong, I love to cook, but I need a break now and then!

9. Do you follow your horoscope? I used to, religiously. I got over it, I suppose.

10. Would you move for the person you loved? Heh. If I hadn't, you wouldn't be reading this now...

To continue, please click "Tell me more!"


11. Are you touchy feely? Oh yeah. Freaks out my French family sometimes.

12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Yep.

13. Dream job? I wouldn't mind owning a small shop filled with things I like. Crafty things, handmade things for sale, stuff like that. But I wouldn't have to depend on it to live on. See, that's why it's a dream job.

14. Favorite channels? Well they aren't French, I can tell you that. I miss the dorky channels - History, Biography, BBC America, stuff like that.

15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? The only places I seem to go are to Doc's house or to see my girlfriends in Paris. Both are nice but thank goodness Steph is almost out of school - we need to get away.

16. Showers or Bath? I tried to be a bath person, I really did. Sometimes I found it nice but mostly I couldn't figure out the appeal of lying in a pool of your own filth for hours on end. Maybe filth is a strong word, but you know what I mean.

17. Do you paint your nails? I really like the natural color on my nails, so I don't bother. I haven't "done" them in ages, but when they're really nice I'll throw some clear polish on them to keep them strong. My toenails are usually painted in the spring and summer.

18. Do you trust people easily? Not anymore. Finally grew out of that.

19. What are your phobias? Snakes. Cockroaches. Both give me the serious heebie-jeebies.

20. Do you want kids? Yep. Workin' on it.

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? No. This is the most consistant journal I've ever kept in my life.

22. Where would you rather be right now? My dad's house.

23. What makes you feel warm and safe? Being surrounded by family. Being snuggled up in my bed with my favorite things around me. Oh, and my husband too *cheesy grin*.

24. Heavy or light sleep? You mean I get a choice of sleep??

25. Are you paranoid? Should I be? *looks over shoulder*

26. Are you impatieYes.

27. Who can you relate to? Carrie, whom I've known the longest and can pick up with after years of losing touch and fall right back into place. The Birches, who have our own language. And of course, my girlfriends who have followed love to France.

28. How do you feel about interracial couples? Karla's right, this is a stupid question. Next!

29. Have you been burned by love? Oh honey, I could tell you some stories...

30. Whats your life motto? Not to name drop or anything, but my Dad once worked under Fred Haise, who once told him his motto was, "Never panic too early." I hope Mr. Haise doesn't mind, but I've since co-opted it.

31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile? Don't have a mobile. Back when I did, I had an Incubus song on there. "Nice to Know You," if I remember correctly.

32. What were you doing at midnight last night? Trying to sleep, failing miserably. Steph's been snoring like a freight train here recently...

33. Who was your last text message from? Probably from my manager. Two years ago. Next!

34. Who's bed did you sleep in last night? I guess the guest bed is still mine. Thank you Snorey McSnore (grr).

35. What color shirt are you wearing? A grey t-shirt from college that commemorates the tour the choir did one Spring Break. It's my comfy "lyin' 'round the house" shirt.

36. Most recent movie you watched? I watched the Godfather trilogy last month. Dang, I haven't watched a movie in a while. Maybe I'll open a DVD rental store instead...

37. Name five things you have on you at all times? My glasses, my watch, my French drivers license (for ID), my wedding ring, and... um... my hair.

38. What color are your bed sheets? Blue. If I can get off my butt, they'll be rust-red by the end of the day.

39. How much cash do you have on you right now? Less than five euros.

40. What is your favorite part of a chicken? Breast. I LOVE chicken breast, I know twenty different ways to prepare it, and I could eat it just about everyday.

41. What's your favorite town/city? I don't think I have a favorite. I miss towns, but I don't prefer one over the other.

42. I cant wait till... the big party we're throwing next month.

43. Who got you to join MySpace? Yeah, right. Next!

44. What did you have for dinner last night? The last of the tomato sauce with meatballs that I made with my dad this past December. Still delicious after six months. Now I'll have to attempt to make my own batch...

45. How tall are you barefoot? 5 feet 2 inches. Please try to hold back the midget jokes...

46. Have you ever smoked crack? Seriously? Why is this question here? Who would say yes, like they're all proud of that?

47. Do you own a gun? No. I have shot guns (verb, past tense, not noun, plural), but I have no desire to own one.

48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Mimosas. But since that's impractical, I drink a huge mug of Nestle instant coffee with milk and sugar instead.

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? Pfft. Hell if I know. I'm sure Steph falling for me was a happy accident.

50. Do you have A.D.D.? I don't think so. I can get so focused on a book or a project that Steph will have to say my name three times before I answer. On the other hand... ooh look! A butterfly!

51. What time did you wake up today? 8:00? ish. Unless I'm sick I always get up to see Steph off for the day.

52. Current worry? Only one? Pfft. I got worries on top of worries. I'm a born worrier!

53. Current hate? Politics actually make me so upset I have to lie down.

54. Favorite place to be? My grandmother's farm (it's not really a farm now, but we call it that), preferably with lots of family and friends around.

55. Where would you like to travel? Where don't I want to travel? There are places in France I still want to see, nevermind the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, Poland... I could go on.

56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? If not in this village than one not far away, hopefully in our own house, raising our little family. Hopefully gainfully employed.

57. Last thing you ate? For lunch I made chicken (see?) tossed with tortellini pasta in a cepes (mushroom) sauce, with some parmesean sprinkled on top.

58. What songs do you sing in the shower? Bluegrass. So there.

59. Last person that made you laugh? Steph.

60. Worst injury you've ever had? Besides the ones I did on purpose (foot surgery), the worst was a broken big toe. I don't recommend that, however.

61. Does someone have a crush on you? Time for all my secret admirers to reveal themselves! Leave a note in the comments and I'll add your name here.
Secret Crushes Revealed!
kyliemac
karla "bighead" godwoman
mickelino

62. What is your favorite candy? Peanut M&Ms, which I'm so gonna buy at the store tomorrow now, thank you very much.

No comments: