Friday, June 30, 2006

vivi takes the stage

Tonight is our year-end concert for the choirs of the Conservatoire of Troyes. Well, technically it's our second concert, but since Tuesday night's affair coincided with some silly football match (kidding, I raced home after to catch the end of it!), it was more of a preview than a concert. I think there weren't more than thirty people there. Anyway, I'm much more nervous about tonight's performance, since Steph and other family members will be there to see me, my sister-in-law and Steph's niece sing. At last night's dress rehearsal, my section flubbed up a song bad enough to warrant stopping and starting over. That may not sound so bad, but it's a featured song and there's only three people in my section. *gulp* This is uncharacteristic of me, and I can't fall back on the excuse of being under the weather. This should be second nature by now. I don't think I'm going to breathe normally until that song is over this evening.

The fun part is that instead of going to a restaurant after the concert en masse with friends and family in tow, everyone's bringing food and drink to nosh on at the performance hall after the show. As much as I'm looking forwarding to it, I hope Steph and I will be able to mix and mingle for more than ten minutes, since he's at the end of the school year and a walking zombie, and I'm seeing double and can barely stand up straight myself. Anyway, I'll be making my piggies in a blanket, which I've always received compliments on, which cracks me up considering they're just hot dogs baked in some pastry dough. Next thing you know, I'll be offering up corn dogs and jello molds only to be proclaimed a culinary genius.

Meh, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

No comments: