Tuesday, September 02, 2008

four years

Today is my Blogiversary! I can't believe it's already been four years since I started this blog, exactly two days after I arrived in France as a newlywed. On a grand scale, four years doesn't seem so long but when I think about everything that's happened since I arrived it's actually quite overwhelming. Unfortunately, it seems we've had more lows than highs - losing Mom before the culture shock had even worn off, losing Dad eighteen months later, undergoing my own personal identity crisis and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Today I'm in such a good place. I don't have all the answers (and really, does anyone?) but now that we're on the brink of starting our new adventure of becoming parents, Stéph and I are stronger than ever and I'm really happy. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all you, whether you just found me last week or you've been along for the ride since the beginning, thank you for your kind comments and for being there. Here's to another four years!

No comments: