Tuesday, September 30, 2008

where's my sticker?

Photobucket

I was so excited to get this in the mail last week. I was going to put a picture here on the blog but in my excitement I took a crap picture this morning right before going to the post office. That's right my friends, I have voted!

Some may find it odd that American citizens that permanently live outside the US have the right to vote in Presidential elections. I figure that as long as I'm required to file my taxes every year - whether the money I've earned is made in dollars or not - you had better believe that I'll be making my voice heard about who is in charge! (To be fair, you have to earn approximately a brazillion dollars* a year in order to have to actually pay taxes from outside the US, but for me it's the principle of the thing.)

I know a few of my friends here in France are anxiously awaiting their absentee ballots. I'm just glad that we still have the right to make our voices heard! Roll on November 4!



*In excess of $80k per year which might as well be a brazillion dollars for me!

No comments: