Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The Lurker

So there's this older guy who lives across the street and down a bit. He likes to sit on his doorstep and smoke and watch the world go by. It's a harmless enough pasttime; hell, I've even been guilty of it. Here's the thing though: whenever I walk past him on the same side of the street, he always mutters something under his breath, and I have no idea what it is. The first time I passed him, I said "Bonjour," like you do, and I got a steady stream of what I don't think was "And a good day to you, young lady, lovely day, isn't it?"

Now I wait until I pass his house to cross the road, especially if he's on the doorstep. I can still hear him muttering, and I'm very much looking forward to the day when I can understand what the hell he's muttering about.

In other news.......
The vampire had a visitor yesterday. He was wearing all black. Coincidience?


"I hate waiting."
Inigo,The Princess Bride
We're still waiting for the fridge. We didn't get a call this morning, and when we looked at the paperwork we found they had Stéph's mobile number from three years ago. Strange thing is that we don't even have a mobile now, and we gave the saleswoman our new phone number. So Stéph called them, and they said it should be delivered between 11 and noon. Everything's been taken out, the old fridge moved, the floor swept, etc.

No comments: