Thursday, October 14, 2004

Odds & Ends & Travel Plans

  • We're going to spend the day in Paris Saturday to attend a Games Exhibition. I'm very excited because this will mark the first time I'll be driving to Paris without getting on a plane to fly to the states, so it'll be a nice relaxed drive instead of a panic-stricken "I don't wanna gooooooooooooooooo" kind of feeling.

  • Steph's got his first break from school in a couple of weeks, and we're going to spend a few days looking at castles in the Loire region. Yesterday we mapped out our itinarary and booked a hotel. I'm really looking forward to doing some siteseeing!

  • Not an hour after we booked our hotel, we got a call from a friend of Steph's who lives in Paris. He invited us to visit next weekend. Paris twice in two weeks! As they say back home, I'm so happy I could be twins.

  • I'm happy to report that the radiators have been turned on, which is a welcome change from blue toes. The only problem is that it's a little too warm now; last night I was trying to find a happy medium, because the sheet made me too warm but I was too cold without it. *sigh* Hopefully this will work itself out as it gets colder.

  • The mosquitoes are back and boy are they pissed! I'm eaten up all to hell. Steph is thrilled, as they seem to prefer me to him. Current count: forehead (!!!), left forearm, right elbow, left thigh. Almost healed: left thumb (twice), left upper arm, lower back. I don't think I've been this eaten up since I lived half an hour away from Mosquito Lagoon.

  • Thanks to everyone who have voted in my mini poll! Voting is open until tomorrow, so please roll on over to the sidebar and make your voice heard! Hell, make it heard two or three times for all I care!

No comments: