Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Quite a Grown Up Purchase

Thanks to the generosity of friends and family on both sides of the pond, we were able to shop this weekend for a new refrigerator. I must explain to the Americans reading this that while our new fridge will be a lot bigger than the one we have now (think a good sized dorm fridge), it will still be half the size of yours. So for the low low price of 259 euros I won't have to hoof it down the street to the grocery every day/every other day. We ordered it from Darty who will deliver for free, take away our old one and will make house calls if it blows up. They're even going to call tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 8:45 (eek) to tell us exactly when they'll deliver, which is excellent. This will be my first photography assignment, so you can see it in all it's glory!

This weekend we were pointed in the direction of a local business looking for native english speakers by literally the fifth person, so we're going to visit them tomorrow. I'm not really keeping my hopes up on this one since my french is still equal to that of a two year old, but it can't hurt to make some contacts.

Also, I'm back up to six gmail invites. Don't be shy, you know you want one, they're here for the taking.

No comments: