Monday, May 29, 2006

obsessive weekend

I spent the last two days in a complete state of mania over my two favorite hobbies (this week; subject to change), one nerdy and one girly.

The nerdy one is the same one I've been doing off and on since I moved here, playing City of Heroes online. I've always liked the idea of playing an MMORPG, but just couldn't get into the trolls, orcs, and elves scenario - that's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. But my sister starting playing this and I thought it was a nice change from the usual and it would be something we could do while I'm in Europe and shes in the States. So we played together for several months and then she went back to EverCrack Everquest and I sort of floundered around on CoH for the next year and a half. But over the last few weeks, I fell into a rather large guild (guilds in CoH are called Super Groups, of course!) and got a lot of help in increasing my character, until Saturday I found myself within one level of the ultimate goal - level 50. So I sat here for eight hours and played until my fingers hurt and I was seeing double but by god I got my level 50 character! That's something I'll do maybe once a year because unlike my husband who really can play for eight hours at a stretch, I do actually enjoy sunshine and fresh air and all that sitting makes my butt hurt (not to mention makes it wider but I digress).

(tangent: so yeah, I know what the following terms mean: PL, mid (I don't like doing either one, however), lft, pwnage, n00b, and incidently if anyone on the Champion server ever needs a level 50 regen katana be sure to let me know, and if you understand any of that Congratulations! you are a gamer geek just like me.)

Yesterday I was bouncing back and forth between my brand spanking new character that you can only have when you reach level 50, and working on the girly hobby, my Sooper Secret Cross Stitch Project. I want to do both of these things so much that I literally get the shakes thinking about getting my fingers on them. My day kind of went like this:

(after breakfast, reading news and blogs, etc)
9:30-11:30 play with my new character!
11:30-1:00 prepare and eat lunch
1:00-2:00 play with my new character!
2:00-3:00 arrange all the new threads for SSCSP in numerical order in specially-ordered plastic storage sheets (is it possible to have selective anal retentiveness?)
3:00-5:00 play with my new character!
5:00-7:30 begin stitching the SSCSP
7:30-8:15 prepare and eat dinner (leftovers)
8:15-9:00 turn on overhead light as natural light is fading, stitch SSCSP
9:00-10:00 must turn off light as it is too hot in the office (with two computers in a small space it can get very warm in here!) play with my new character!
10:00-10:30 attempt to stitch with hall light and table lamp but get headache from squinting so hard
10:30 give up, goof around online and eventually crash around midnight

I'm not sure how I was able to avoid nausea and dizziness from all that spinning around in one room!

No comments: