Sunday, May 21, 2006

of bbqs and IKEA accessories


my spice corner
Originally uploaded by vivi en france.
On Friday, I met Doc in Chaumont, where we indulged in Chinese food before filling up two grocery carts with food and party favors for a big bbq/birthday party extravaganza last night. On Saturday, we sliced and diced, mixed and squished food between our fingers, stuffed pastries and chopped veggies all day before filling up no less than three car trunks with food and drinks to go to the local chalet, where we celebrated the birthdays of Steph, Doc's hubby Marc, Nono and ME! Despite the freakishly cool weather, we hung outside next the grill, and when the grill ran out of gas, the men proved that men are the same world-over and created a fire-pit in the gravel next to the chalet and roasted the remaining meat. Then we exchanged gifts (I received a really lovely planter to hang above our front door, pictures to come) and some wine and the new Corneille CD, and Steph got a couple of books) and, in the wee hours of the morning, drove all the way home. Spending the day in Doc's kitchen was really fun and I picked up quite a few tips that I'll be implementing in the near future.

Today I'm feeling rather worse for wear - recently I've been suffering bouts of terrible car sickness, but it's probably from indulging in a couple of party cigarettes and then jumping in the car after - but I did manage to take a photo of the famous IKEA accessory I got last week. It was actually Steph's idea to hang up the measuring things my sister sent me for Christmas, so I knew IKEA would have the perfect thing to do just that. I am so in love with my spice corner - not only does it look great, but I actually use everything! Click on the photo to see what kind of spices I like to keep around.

There's actually quite a lot going on right now - I've received two exciting packages in the mail, Steph starts his course to become certified in special education tomorrow, and my birthday's on Tuesday (mark your calendars!), but today's a day for being lazy so if you'll forgive me, I'm going to get back to it!

No comments: