Thursday, March 30, 2006

i feel happeeeeeeeee*

*bonus points to those who can name the movie this quote is from.

My goodness, is it Thursday already? This week has flown by in a haze of tissues and maximum doses of benedryl. Can someone please explain to me why, when my husband passes me a cold, it takes on some kind of mutant gene and multiplies by ten? Steph was sick for a few days but it never stopped him from going to work and at worst he maybe snored a bit louder than usual (if that is even possible). When I got it, at the peak I was shaking from fever chills and sleeping thirteen hours at a stretch. What the hell is that? Also, I've now learned that attempting to cross stitch while feeling under the weather will only be an exercise in frustration, since I screwed up one tiny section not once but twice and something that should have taken an hour ended up taking around four.

Well, today I'm feeling better, still stuffy nose notwithstanding, and it's a good thing, too, as I've got a lot of errands to run today. In addition to tomorrow being Steph's birthday, we've been invited to see a certain (very) young lady be baptised this weekend, and as I haven't bought any "dressy" clothes since, oh, I moved to this country, I desperately need to find something fitting for this weekend (which I can also wear on Easter when I go to the States in a couple of weeks). I hate, HATE clothes shopping so prepare yourselves for a real good whiney and depressingly sad post this evening or tomorrow.

No comments: