Monday, September 04, 2006

dear insomnia,

Please fuck off and die.



Love,

Vivi


Update 10:45am
I somehow managed to fall asleep after 4:30, after hours of listening to Steph snore, making up the guest bed, reading thirty pages of an old book, plugging the fan back in, surfing online and lots of tossing and turning in between. I still got up with Steph at 7:30 and now I feel fine. What the hell is up with that? I guess I'll probably crash this afternoon but if I can stay awake, maybe I'll actually sleep tonight.

Speaking of plugging the fan back in, the heat is back. After a half-hour's journey to the grocery store I feel like I just got out of a swimming pool. I hope this doesn't last more than a couple of days. I've got to go back to the Mairie this afternoon because I never got any kind of a receipt when I dropped off my documents for my next carte de sejour and my last one expired on Saturday. Not that I feel I'm in any danger of being kicked out of the country, but it's nice to have something on paper, you know?

No comments: