Monday, September 04, 2006

still awake

And I'm not even tired. My neck is still killing me, however. The muscles that are pulled will never recover until I get a couple of full nights' sleep, which I haven't had since I woke up in pain a couple of days ago. Hopefully tonight will be my lucky night (for sleeping, how sad is that?).

I've completed another trial run on bookbinding, but I didn't use any colorful paper for the covers so there's no sense in posting it. The bindings are finally getting tighter but I'm still getting a gap between the first and second signatures. I do feel like I'm making progress, and that's all I can ask for. Steph is so interested in this project that he's stealing it to use in his classroom. One of these days we'll be able to sit down together so I can show him the ropes.

I've put off going to the Mairie because walking in 97% humidity is not my cup of tea. It feels like we've landed back in North Carolina somehow, or brought the weather back with us. Again. I swear bad weather follows me around like a shadow. Go away heat, I want my autumn back!

No comments: