Tuesday, March 20, 2007

upheaval

The last couple of days have been full of pacing, chain smoking, binge eating and staring off into space. And that's just Steph.

We have finally made a decision about what we want to do and how we want to get there. There will be quite a lot of work in the future, but for now my work is to support my husband, because in order to get where we want to be, he has to drastically change his career path, starting immediately. The biggest change won't really happen until next year, and that's if everything goes perfectly, but they say that even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step, and Steph made that one yesterday.

Yeah, I'm still playing my cards close to my chest, but I'll explain everything when the time is right. The main reason I wanted to write this is to put down in words that my husband is taking a huge leap of faith, stepping way outside his comfort zone, and he's doing it for us, and I've never been more proud to be his wife than this moment.

No comments: