Saturday, April 14, 2007

spring break!

Woohoo! Steph just started his two week Spring Break. We do have quite a few plans for the break, but most of them involve more Spring Cleaning than anything else. We're going to check out the damage in the cellar - not structural damage but damage to the stuff we're stored down there. It's wicked humid down there, which shouldn't come as a surprise since there is a river at the end of our lane. After we discover what's salvageable, we'll head upstairs and give our office a good going-through. There are literally piles of crap in every corner and it's time to go through them.

But we do have some fun things planned, including visiting some friends we haven't seen for a while, a little sightseeing and maybe even throwing a little money around - I'm getting my birthday present early this year, in the form of a new computer! With a new flat screen monitor! With a French operating system and a new French keyboard! I must be out of my mind!

No, I'm only kidding. Truth be told, it just makes sense, since English keyboards are missing French accents, but I can type in English on a French keyboard. It just takes a little time to get used to keys being in the wrong place (heh).

Meanwhile, the weather continues to be gorgeous. The heat is now officially off for the year and windows have been thrown open. I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can now, because I know in a couple of months that I'm going to miserable when the summer heat settles in. We've been talking about taking another camping trip this summer. I think I'll request the mountains. At the end of July. That sounds like a plan. Or maybe it's time to visit the North Pole. Well, that's what I'll be dreaming of when it's 85 degrees in my house.

No comments: