Tuesday, July 01, 2008

my latest projects

Over the last six months or so, I've been getting more and more involved in my various crafting projects. I get really excited about what I'm up to but I've been feeling like this blog is not the outlet for going into detail that I need. Sure, this blog is about me, but it's supposed to be focused on my life in France as an étranger, so I know that most of the people that come visiting aren't necessarily interested in my latest knitting project.

That's why I've finally gotten off my duff and created my very own craft blog. Ladies and jellyspoons, please allow me to introduce you Suis le fil! "Suis le fil" means "follow the thread" in French. Since I've been expanding into other crafting areas, all of which involve some kind of yarn or thread, it feels like the right fit.

As an added extra bonus, I'll be writing every post in English and in French. This means I'll be spending plenty of time immersing myself in French grammar and watching Stéph get frustrated with me as he corrects my (many) mistakes.

As if that weren't enough, you may notice in the sidebar a little code for a web ring called Bilingual Bloggers. I know I'm not alone in writing in two languages so I wanted to create a ring of other like-minded bloggers. Bloggers need only to write in English and a second language in each of their posts in order to qualify.

So, please check out my new projects and do me a huge favor and leave me some feedback! I'd love to hear what you think and where you see room for improvement (I'm fairly sure there is tons of room for improvement!!).

UPDATE: The link to the new blog is working now. Thank you to materfamilias for pointing it out (although I only just saw your comment two days later, Haloscan hates me too!).

No comments: